Insect Rearing Chamber Charleston, SC
Darwin Chambers designes, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Charleston, SC.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-In Rooms are not ideal for the procurement of insects as the rooms are not properly designed for the difficulties that can arise from insect by-products as well as the acids that can be required to rear insects. The Insect Rearing Chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers specific chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Charleston, SC, contact our team at 314-534-3111. The PDF provided below details further information regarding these rooms.
Insect Rearing Chamber Charleston – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Charleston
Standard walk-in incubators or coolers used in the rearing of drosophila and other biological organisms often end up being problematic for a number of reasons. Acidic elements that are required to rear insects can cause damage to refrigeration evaporators. High humidity exacerbates the issue, as droplets of concentrated acid will collect on the cooling components. Other companies use an evaporator that can have thousands of square inches of vulnerable evaporator surface, where one very small refrigerant leak will require expensive repair—that may include many other components of the refrigeration system, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
There are, however, other issues that also arise from not having a room directly built to accommodate insect rearing. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to immediately stop all equipment in the event of an emergency.
- Ability to decontaminate the chamber with high heat.
- Substantially reduced noise levels.
- Siplicity of Programming.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Most refrigerated incubators on the market today are based on the exact same technology used in refrigerators for decades, but the truth is, in most cases, biological research isn’t done below 15 degrees Celsius, therefore, any ability to go below that temperature can actually be a liability to the organisms and research.Darwin Chambers answer for researchers looking for the ideal chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlers. This coating seems to be the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our PFTCU works out very well in insect rearing rooms. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It’s precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. A good benefit is extremely good temperature uniformity as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Low profile 2? floor – maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in BLACK embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber
Insect Rearing Chambers Charleston, SC
Listed below are further examples of the types of rooms that we design, manufacture and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Below is a brochure detailing a few of our capabilities and services.