Insect Rearing Chambers Madison, WI
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Madison, WI.
Insect Rearing Chambers Madison, WI. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Madison, WI that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Madison are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Madison, WI, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Madison – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Madison, WI
Standard or general incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you know that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in under 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. The vast majority of incubators are produced for general use and don’t require the protections that are needed for insect rearing, and because of this are not ideal for the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Critical details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Simple to Program.
- Reliability and durability.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on dated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually cause damage to the insect specimen and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Madison, WI, we have a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, works out very well in insect rearing rooms in Madison, WI. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is exact. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to reduce bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, improves the insulation performance of the room, and allows the room to easily satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to imitate nighttime inside the chamber.
Our non-proprietary standard controls are proven and exceptionally well-controlled. Our insect rearing chambers in Madison, WI come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Madison, WI – Our Models
As the research needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your work with insects differ so greatly, your needs from your Madison, WI insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific research, product development, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, Madison, WI insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You must have a quality insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have manufactured a variety of insect rearing chambers in Madison, WI that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Learn additional details about the lines we offer for Madison, WI insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the very first commercially manufactured large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers around the globe. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications your facility requires. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to think about when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Madison, WI.
Because of the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are fitted with safety considerations including a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. These models are appropriate for use in environments where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Madison, WI – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Madison, WI insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We manufacture the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the stability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Madison, WI. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Madison, WI and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.