Insect Rearing Chambers Albuquerque, NM
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Albuquerque, NM.
Insect Rearing Chambers Albuquerque, NM. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Albuquerque, NM that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Albuquerque are specifically designed and manufactured to protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To find out more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Albuquerque, NM, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Albuquerque – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Albuquerque, NM
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can rapidly break down a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will collect on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use large evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you realize that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in as little as 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. The vast majority of incubators are produced for a standard audience and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Critical details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to shut down heating and cooling mechanisms in the event of a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Simple to Program.
- Durability and resistance to corrosion and other atmospheric challenges.
Many incubators that are available on the market today are still operating on outdated technology, but biological testing almost never tests anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and related research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handles. This coating is the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Albuquerque, NM. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. Enjoy all this while still enjoying extreme temperature uniformity from our insect rearing chambers as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to reduce bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to mirror nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely precise. Our insect rearing chambers in Albuquerque, NM come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures is standard.
Insect Rearing Chambers Albuquerque, NM – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your insect-related work are so diverse, your needs from your Albuquerque, NM insect rearing chambers will also be different. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in leading scientific research, product testing, and other insect rearing related programs, there is no single solution for Albuquerque, NM insect rearing chambers. You need a premium insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have engineered a series of insect rearing chambers in Albuquerque, NM that can be extensively customized to fulfill your exact needs. Learn more about the models we offer for Albuquerque, NM insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the premiere commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber, thousands of which are currently being used by researchers throughout the world. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We can customize our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications your facility requires. We have a list of stadard features that are included in all of our insect rearing chambers of all sizes, but also offer additional options to think about when discussing our insect rearing rooms for use in Albuquerque, NM.
Because of the capacity and nature of large walk-in chambers such as our insect rearing chamber rooms, we produce all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is fitted with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is less expensive and more efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions like an epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Albuquerque, NM – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the best Albuquerque, NM insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the best state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability your work requires from your insect rearing chambers in Albuquerque, NM. Discuss the products you need with a qualified associate today. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Albuquerque, NM and start customizing your today. Call us at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.