Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte, NC
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Charlotte, NC.
Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte, NC. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Charlotte, NC that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Charlotte are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Charlotte, NC, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online now.
Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte, NC
Standard or general incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can rapidly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue when the acid forms concentrated condensation that will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can destroy a conventional incubator in under 6 months.
That is one obvious concern. There are a variety of other similar issues when it comes to working with insects and using a traditional incubator. Most incubators are produced for general use and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are not ideal for insect rearing applications. Critical details are often ignored, including:
- Ability to easily shut off heating and cooling mechanisms in an emergency.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Reliability and durability.
Many incubators that are available on the market today are still operating on outdated technology, but biological testing almost never tests at temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. Any ability to go below that temperature can actually be a liability to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Charlotte, NC, we have a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. We have not used straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications in a decade, and for good reason. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Charlotte, NC. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Ge more details on our technologies page.
- We use a form of humidification that relies on UV sterlized ultrasonics. It is precise. It generates very little heat, which requires a smaller compressor, which leads to lower energy usage. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coated door handles to reduce bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to mirror nighttime inside the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are exceptionally precise. The setpoints and alarms on our insect rearing chambers in Charlotte, NC are easy to set. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte, NC – Our Models
Because each researchers’ needs, the needs of different types of insects, and the specific needs of your insect-related work differ so greatly, what you need from your Charlotte, NC insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific study, product development, and other insect rearing related programs, Charlotte, NC insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need a premium insect rearing chamber that meets the requirements of your facility and the object of your insect work. We have engineered a number of insect rearing chambers in Charlotte, NC that can be modified and customized to meet your exact needs. Learn more about the products we carry for Charlotte, NC insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers throughout the world. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. Omitting the reliance on complex refrigeration systems, installation and maintenance are incredibly easy.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications your facility requires. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other characteristics to think about when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Charlotte, NC.
Because of the size and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some special considerations in mind, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: insect rearing walk-in chambers are a hefty investment. We have applied solutions such as epoxy coating to ensure that the parts are protected against corrosion and last as long as possible
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. These models are appropriate for use in cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. Research that necessitates rapid open door recovery times is best done using a low temp chamber.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte, NC – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you require precise and reliable instruments, including a stable and controllable environment for the insects. You need and deserve the highest quality Charlotte, NC insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We manufacture the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Charlotte, NC. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Charlotte, NC and begin customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.