Insect Rearing Chamber Charlotte, NC
Darwin Chambers designes, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Charlotte, NC.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Charlotte are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Charlotte, NC, contact our team at 314-534-3111. The PDF provided below details further information regarding these rooms.
Insect Rearing Chamber Charlotte – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers that aren’t specifically designed for the rearing of insects or other biological organisms will experience several issues. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. This issue is further damaging in high humidity environments where droplets of acid will collect on the cooling components. Other companies use large evaporators that are vulnerable to corrosion and leaks, and can be expensive to repair and maintain in an insect rearing chamber, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
The scenario stated above is a clear cause for concern, however, it is not the only issue. Because the more standard types of incubators are designed for a wide range of uses, they are not ideal for the more intricate needs of insect rearing. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to cease all operations in the event of a malfunction.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Substantially reduced noise levels.
- Simple to Program.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Most refrigerated incubators on the market today are based on the exact same technology used in refrigerators for decades, but the truth is, in most cases, biological research isn’t done below 15 degrees Celsius, so it stands to reason that the ability to go below that temperature may indeed be more liability than benefit.Darwin Chambers answer for researchers looking for the ideal chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlers. This coating seems to be the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our PFTCU works out very well in insect rearing rooms. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It’s precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. A good benefit is extremely good temperature uniformity as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Low profile 2? floor – maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in BLACK embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber
Insect Rearing Chambers Charlotte, NC
Listed below are further examples of the types of rooms that we design, manufacture and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Below is a brochure detailing a few of our capabilities and services.