Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis, MN
Darwin Chambers designs, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Minneapolis, MN.
Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis, MN. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Minneapolis, MN that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers need further enhancements and industry-specific specifications to ensure the growth of specimen and the longevity of the room. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Minneapolis are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also adhering to standards required to ensure the maintainability of the room. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Minneapolis, MN, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online right away.
Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis, MN
Standard or general incubators or coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids that are commonly produced by the rearing of insects or the food they eat will rapidly break down a standard refrigeration evaporator. The corrosion is catalyzed by high humidity levels, as droplets of concentrated acid will collect on the cooling components. Our competitors rely on cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will know that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can render a new, conventional incubator useless in under 6 months.
This is clearly a major cause for concern. There are a number of other issues with standard incubators for insect use as well. The vast majority of incubators are produced for general use and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to the needs of an insect researcher or worker. Significant factors that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to shut down all heat or cold producing equipment in the event of an emergency.
- Decontamination Ability with High Heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Simple to Program.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many incubators that are available on the market today still rely on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be a liability to the insect specimen and related research.
Darwin Chambers’ answer for researchers looking for the best insect rearing chamber is a multi-fold solution:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Removing the refrigerant from the room’s interior. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Minneapolis, MN. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It is precise. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. On top of all this, our insect rearing chambers are still able to provide very precise, excellent temperature uniformity.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coating on door handles that act to combat bacteria from growing and spreading.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, and allows minimal ramp requirements to satisfy A.D.A. requirements.
- A black embossed finish on the galvanized steel panels within the room is meant to mirror nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely accurate and reliable. Our insect rearing chambers in Minneapolis, MN come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis, MN – Our Models
As the research needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your work with insects differ so greatly, your needs from your Minneapolis, MN insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers knows that when it comes to essential and leading scientific research, product development, and other endeavors that may involve insect rearing, there is no single solution for Minneapolis, MN insect rearing chambers. You need a advanced insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the purpose of your insect work. We have produced a range of insect rearing chambers in Minneapolis, MN that can be extensively customized to meet your exact needs. Learn additional details about the lines we offer for Minneapolis, MN insect rearing chambers below.
We boast the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers internationally. We produce this line with benchtop, one-door, to three-door vertical models. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the exact dimensions and specifications necessary for use within your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other options to consider when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Minneapolis, MN.
Due to the size and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we design all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: we make sure to make every chamber we produce is ADA compliant
- Safety: every walk-in chamber is complete with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: because of the size of a typical insect rearing room, consistent and reliable refrigeration can be difficult. However, our indirect cooling system known as a Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is much more affordable and energy efficient than comparable competitor systems
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have applied solutions such as epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis, MN – Order Now
When you work with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the highest quality Minneapolis, MN insect rearing chambers available. You need not take your search any further than Darwin Chambers. We deliver the right state-of-the-art, precision technology and stability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Minneapolis, MN. Order yours today by speaking with an associate. We provide testing, warrantees, and documentation to ensure our products are in top condition and perform as expected for our clients. Our thorough services and considerations give each one of our customers provide a peace of mind that can only be realized when the best products and engineers are used. Discover which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Minneapolis, MN and start customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.