Insect Rearing Chamber Minneapolis, MN
Darwin Chambers designes, manufactures and installs Insect Rearing Chambers in Minneapolis, MN.
Insect Rearing Chambers require specific conditions to ensure the growth of the specimen and the longevity of the room. Standard Walk-in Chambers and Environmental Chambers often do not meet these requirements due to the problematic conditions that can arise from the rearing of certain specimen. The Insect Rearing Chambers designed and manufactured by Darwin Chambers specific chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire more about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Minneapolis, MN, contact our team at 314-534-3111. The PDF provided below details further information regarding these rooms.
Insect Rearing Chamber Minneapolis – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis
Standard walk-in incubators or coolers used in the rearing of drosophila and other biological organisms often end up being problematic for a number of reasons. Refrigeration Evaporators can quickly corrode when dealing with the acids that are inherent in the rearing of many specimens. In High Humidity environments, concentrated acid droplets are more likely to build on the cooling components and cause serious corrosion. Other companies use large evaporators that are vulnerable to corrosion and leaks, and can be expensive to repair and maintain in an insect rearing chamber, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. Anyone familiar with Drosophila storage, for example, will understand that the propionic acid present in the chamber can render a new, conventional incubator useless in as little as 6 months.
There are, however, other issues that also arise from not having a room directly built to accommodate insect rearing. Because the more standard types of incubators are designed for a wide range of uses, they are not ideal for the more intricate needs of insect rearing. Details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to immediately stop all equipment in the event of an emergency.
- Ability to clean/decontaminate chamber with increased heat.
- Minimal Noise.
- Ease of programming.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
The majority of refrigeration incubators in use are still operating off of dated technology, but the truth is, and most biological research isn’t taken up under 15 degrees Celsius, therefore, any ability to go below that temperature can actually be a liability to the organisms and research.Darwin Chambers answer for researchers looking for the ideal chamber is a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlers. This coating seems to be the most resistant against long term corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our PFTCU works out very well in insect rearing rooms. Low pressures, ease of repair, and reliability are just some of the reasons. You can read more on our technologies page.
- We utilize U.V. sterilized ultrasonic humidification. It’s precise. Very little heat is generated = smaller compressor = lower energy usage. A good benefit is extremely good temperature uniformity as well.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Low profile 2? floor – maximizes available space, provides insulation performance, allows minimal ramp requirements to meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in BLACK embossed galvanized steel to mimic nighttime inside the chamber
Insect Rearing Chambers Minneapolis, MN
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that can only be realized with superior products and solutions. Below is a brochure detailing a few of our capabilities and services.