Insect Rearing Chambers Seattle, WA
Darwin Chambers offers state-of-the-art Insect Rearing Chambers in Seattle, WA.
Insect Rearing Chambers Seattle, WA. When studying or working with drosophila (fruit flies), mosquitos, and other insects, you need access to precise and reliable insect rearing chambers in Seattle, WA that provide an environment specifically meant for breeding, rearing, incubating, and observing the insects you are working with. You need a dedicated insect rearing chamber that is designed specifically for insect work and goes beyond simple manipulation and measurement of light, temperature, and humidity provided by a standard environmental chamber.
Insect Rearing Chambers have to adhere to and maintain a standard level of conditions to ensure that the room can properly grow the specimen without being compromised by the specimen or methods used to procure it. Chambers built for more traditional purposes often struggle with the procurement of insects as their materials and processes aren’t properly designed to be maintained under adverse conditions that can arise with the rearing of insects. Darwin Chamber’s Insect Rearing Chambers in Seattle are specifically designed and manufactured rearing chambers that protect and enhance the growth of specimen while also ensuring that the insect rearing chamber isn’t compromised by the specimen. To inquire about our Insect Rearing Chambers in Seattle, WA, contact our team at 314-534-3111 or online today.
Insect Rearing Chambers Seattle – SpecificationsDownload Brochure
Insect Rearing Chambers Seattle, WA
Walk-in Incubators or Coolers have several issues that affect the researcher’s ability to rear of insects and other biological organisms. The acids inherent in the rearing of many specimens or their food can quickly corrode a standard refrigeration evaporator. High humidity exacerbates the issue, as droplets of concentrated acid will accumulate on the cooling components. Other chamber manufacturers use cumbersome evaporator units that are more prone to experiencing leaks that can be costly and also require the replacement of expensive components, other than the evaporator itself, due to compromised oil (modern refrigeration oils are very hygroscopic) in the system. For example, if you have ever worked with Drosophila, you know that they bring propionic acid to the chamber that can render a new, conventional incubator useless in only 6 months.
That is one obvious cause for concern. However, it is not the only issue. Most incubators are designed for general use and disregard the specific needs and challenges of an insect rearing environment, and because of this are unsuited to insect rearing applications. Critical details that are often overlooked include:
- Ability to easily shut off all heat or cold producing equipment in an emergency.
- High-heat decontamination.
- Minimal Noise.
- Easy programming and use.
- Overall reliability in a corrosive atmosphere, and many others.
Many of today’s incubator manufacturers are still operating on outdated technology, but the truth is much biological research is never done anything lower than 15 degrees Celsius. In most cases, dropping below that temperature can actually be detrimental to the organisms and subsequent research.
For anyone looking for the best insect rearing chamber in Seattle, WA, we have a multi-fold approach:
- Epoxy coated air handlesa material which acheives long-term resistance against corrosion.
- Running the rooms without refrigerant in the room. After almost a decade after turning our back on straight refrigerant in mild heat load applications, we are glad we did. Our Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, is an excellent solution for insect rearing rooms in Seattle, WA. This method of cooling boasts low pressure, easy maintenance, and reliability. Find out more on our technologies page.
- We firmly believe in our UV sterilized ultrasonic humidification approach. It is exact. This system generates minimal heat and thus requires a smaller compressor and consumes less energy. With extremely good temperature uniformity, our insect rearing chambers do not sacrifice quality.
- Proprietary Antimicrobial Coating on door handles to discourage the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- The low profile, 2″ floor maximizes the capacity within the room, provides insulation performance, and allows the room to easily meet A.D.A. requirements.
- Optional panel surface finish available in black embossed galvanized steel to mirror nighttime within the chamber.
Standard controllers are non-proprietary and are extremely precise. Our insect rearing chambers in Seattle, WA come with setpoints and alarms that are easy to operate. Chambers also come programmed with standard diurnal ramping/soaking/cycling of temperatures.
Insect Rearing Chambers Seattle, WA – Our Models
As the research needs, different types and lifestages of insects’ needs, and other factors related to your insect-related work differ so greatly, your needs from your Seattle, WA insect rearing chambers will also differ. Darwin Chambers understands that for any important effort in groundbreaking scientific research, product engineering, and other insect rearing related programs, Seattle, WA insect rearing chambers are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You must have a premium insect rearing chamber that caters to your facility and the object of your insect work. We have produced a range of insect rearing chambers in Seattle, WA that can be modified and customized to fulfill your exact needs. Learn additional details about the lines we carry for Seattle, WA insect rearing chambers below.
We are proud to be the makers of the very first commercially produced large capacity thermoelectric-cooled insect rearing chamber. There are currently thousands in use by researchers around the globe. The models range in size from benchtop to three-door full length. With simple components, installation and maintenance require little effort.
We construct our walk-in chambers to the unique dimensions and specifications needed to work in your facility. In addition to the standard features that are a part of all of our insect rearing chambers of any size, there are other features to think about when choosing one of our insect rearing rooms for use in Seattle, WA.
Because of the capacity and nature of our insect rearing chamber rooms and any other large walk-in chambers, we create all of our walk-in rooms with some additional features, including:
- Accessibility: all of our chambers meet ADA criteria to ensure they are accessible to all
- Safety: all of our walk-in chambers are fitted with safety features such as a glow-in-the-dark emergency personnel alarm with an easy-to-use pull cord
- Efficiency: energy use to refrigerate our insect rearing rooms can be a challenge due to the size of the space, but we use a cooling technology called Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit, or PFTCU, which is less expensive and more efficient than comparable systems used by our competitors
- Durability: we understand that insect rearing walk-in chambers are an enormous investment and have taken measures such as epoxy coating on functional components to encourage longevity of the chamber and protect against corrosion and other destructive events
Low-temperature insect rearing chambers reach lower temperatures than our other models and have advanced heat removal abilities. Our low temp models are best for cases where ambient conditions are extreme or difficult to control or when there is a life heat load. They are also the best choice for researchers whose work requires rapid open door recovery times.
Below is an expansive list of the Controlled Environmental Chambers we design, build, and install. If you have further inquiries, we can be reached at 314-534-3111 or by filling out the form on this page.
We also offer additional products and services, including:
Insect Rearing Chambers Seattle, WA – Order Now
For any organization or institution that works with insects, whether studying the effects of a product or rearing insects for a specific use, you know how important it is to have a stable and controllable environment for the insects. Your work requires the best Seattle, WA insect rearing chambers available, and your mission to find them goes no further than Darwin Chambers. We have the best environment with the highest-performing technology that offers the reliability you need and expect from your insect rearing chambers in Seattle, WA. Speak to one of our associates about your needs today. Our products, services, and work are guaranteed by warranties and documentation. Our services, products, and solutions allow modern industries to enjoy a peace of mind that is only attainable when the best products and engineers are used. Determine which Darwin Chambers insect rearing chamber is best for your needs in Seattle, WA and start customizing your today. Give us a call at 314-534-3111 or contact us online.