Darwin Chambers Company is a growing, privately owned company that manufactures controlled environment chambers for research labs at universities, pharmaceutical companies, and government contractors. We offer medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401K, as well as 9 paid holidays and paid time off.
Please send your resume with the job title you are applying for in the subject line to email@example.com to be considered. We have two facilities located in Saint Louis City; you may be called to interview with managers at one or both facilities.
Note: Darwin Chambers Company does perform pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
Assembly Prep TechnicianMain Responsibility:
- Assembling environmental chambers at one or more stages of the production process in a timely fashion and to quality expectations. This is not assembly-line work. Depending on prior experience, this position could include working with steel, to wiring up electrical components, to cleaning and crating chambers for shipment.
- Using tools and materials with caution while following approved safety practices.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and stocked work station.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
- Working with the Production Manager, along with the QC and Engineering departments, to resolve fabrication issues and assist in the development of best practices.
- Working independently and with other technicians in order to provide outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to read and understand tape measure.
- Familiarity with power tools.
- Ability to follow directions, learn quickly, and retain information once taught.
- lift at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces when necessary.
- bend at knees and hips repeatedly.
- work in a kneeling or standing position for extended periods of time.
- Electrical/HVAC experience is a plus but not required.
Field Install TechnicianMain Responsibility:
- Assists or directly installs walk in cooler enclosures, mechanical systems and electrical systems at remote sites in accordance with standard installation procedures.
- Employs the use of tools and materials with caution and while following approved safety measures. Maintain cleanliness of job site during installation.
- Start up and test all completed projects to ensure that they operate throughout their designed operating ranges.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with the construction manager.
- Completes job and time documentation in a legible manner and submits all documentation on a timely basis.
- Performs final clean-up of job site following installation.
- Performs shop work and maintenance duties as assigned when in shop.
- Pre-build required mechanical components prior to shipping to site.
- Pull materials together and prep for shipping/delivery to support installation of specific projects.
- Ability to travel at least 80% of the time worldwide to customer sites to install environmental chambers.
- Valid driver’s license w/ clean record required.
- Basic carpentry, electrical, and plumbing skills preferred.
- HVAC, EPA Certification and OSHA 10/30 Certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to read a measuring tape, familiarity with power tools and basic construction tools.
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time, climb up & down ladders and lift at least 80-100 lbs.
Field Service TechnicianPLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an IT position. This position reports directly to the Service Manager. Main Responsibility:
- Assisting in troubleshooting existing products for electrical and mechanical failures on customer site.
- Calibrates and performs preventive maintenance on chambers out in the field.
- Assists in Quality Control.
- THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES 60%-80% OF THE TIME TO SERVICE AND REPAIR ENVIRONMENTAL CHAMBERS ON CUSTOMER SITES. INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL A POSSIBILITY.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and coworkers.
- Ability and willingness to learn technical information about a specialized product line in order to better assist customers.
- High level of competency with computers, including the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Great attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks or multi-task when necessary.
- Self motivation is a MUST.
- Must have a personal credit card or the ability to obtain one.
- Must be able to stand for 8 plus hours at a time, climb up & down ladders and lift at least 75lbs.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams a plus.
- Ability to perform entry level to complex troubleshooting.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with client and team members.
- Ability to understand and use a measuring tape.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and to work independently.
- High school or equivalent.
- Experience in general troubleshooting, mechanical knowledge, and electrical knowledge a plus.
- EPA Refrigeration Certification and OSHA 10 Certification to be completed within first 3 months of hire (required).
- Personal Vehicle Insurance (required).
- Driver’s License (required).
- Passport or the ability to obtain one within first 3 months (required).
These positions can quickly lead to bigger and better things for motivated individuals as the company is growing quickly. We look forward to having you on the team!