Cannabis Drying and Curing Rooms
Cannabis Drying and Curing Rooms
Our rooms are routinely used for GMP studies and conform to the international guidance documents. They are also NSF, food grade safe.The rapidly expanding industry of cannabis cultivation has led to inquiries regarding controlled environment chambers for processes in this field. Darwin Chambers provides cannabis drying rooms designed for the replicable drying of cannabis. The drying process is critical to maintaining proper levels of cannabinoids and preventing mold and mildew.
Our walk-in designs are based off of four goals:Quality – All of our products are designed, manufactured, and installed by factory personnel or factory-trained personnel, with an acute understanding of the needs of the pharmaceutical industry. Quality is reflected during all phases of a project, from initial quotation, through installation, and after years of operation. In our opinion, when considering all potential costs for both our customers and our company, quality is clearly not an option, but rather a standard.
Darwin Chambers Walk-In Chamber BenefitsCooling/Heating system is fully pre-charged and tested
This allows our technicians to set each system in place quickly and reliably. Because there are no refrigeration lines to braze, there are no fire risks, no “burn permits” needed, and fewer opportunities for errors in the field.
Each conditioning system can be replaced very quickly in the future due to simple water-type connections. This ease of installation/removal also allows for greatly simplified future relocation.
A glycol/water hydronic heat exchanger in each of our drying rooms operates at very low pressure (0 to 10psi) and the fluid escapes far slower from small leaks than pressurized refrigerant gas. If a leak ever develops in the hydronic coil, the system can be immediately brought back on-line with the addition of more fluid by any available technician with no down- time on the chamber. Permanent repair of the hydronic coil can take place very easily at nearly any point in the future. In contrast, typical refrigeration evaporators operate at high pressures (60 to 120psi) and the refrigerant escapes quickly through even microscopic holes, rendering the system rapidly inoperable. A trained refrigeration technician must be able to be brought in, find the leak, fix the leak (if possible), assess the condenser for moisture damage, replace the system filter, pull a vacuum on the repaired system, recharge the system to the required specifications, and verify operation. These types of refrigeration repairs are exceptionally costly and incredibly time consuming. Even after refrigeration repairs are conducted, it is often nearly impossible to determine if the system has been compromised. To paraphrase, the differences between the two types of thermal control systems is stunning. Our entire cooling and heating package can be swapped out with a new unit, if ever needed, in minutes rather than the days (or weeks) needed to fix a conventional system. In addition to the time benefits, non-certified technicians can perform the above equipment swap in contrast to conventional systems that require certified refrigeration technicians.
Our drying rooms that include an optional redundant refrigeration system allow uninterrupted operation upon a refrigeration failure. The room does not need to be taken out of service during repair, as the failed system can be isolated and serviced with no impact upon the chamber operation.
- 4” to 6” Polyurethane Foam Insulated Panels, R- Value 31+ or higher, in custom sizes
- Touchscreen Control Interface with customer programmed automation
- Exceptional Temperature And Humidity Uniformity
- High / Low Alarms
- Kickplates on door
- Non-proprietary Controls
- Corrosive Resistant Equipment
- Complies With NSF Standards
- Pre-tested, Pre-charged Refrigeration Systems
- Dehumidification – Humidification – Ventilation
- Air Filtration
- Energy Efficient Offering Lowered Maintenance Costs
- Black Out Strip Curtains (to prevent light infiltration)
- Insulated Viewing Windows in Doors or Walls
- Shelving and Curing Racks
- Extended Temperature And Humidity Ranges
- Stainless Steel / Special Surfaces
- Ethernet / Remote Monitoring / Alarming
- Added Redundancy in Controls and/or Conditioning system
- Water-Cooled Or Air-Cooled Condensers
- Custom Lighting Systems
- Unlimited Door / View Window Sizing
- High Weight Capacity Flooring
- Preventative Maintenance Services
- Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.