Darwin Chambers Company ALAAC, OLAW, USDA, and NIH-compliant Vivarium Rooms are designed for maximum value, sustainability, and conformance with applicable standards. We have over a decade of experience in working with researchers to provide humane and often precise conditions to meet their unique and specific needs. Vivariums are commonly defined as a place, such as a in laboratory, where live animals and/or plants are kept under conditions simulating a natural environment. Often, these contain both plants and animals, within a micro-ecosystem, often with controlled stability or controlled change of environmental variables. We offer various surface finishes, including all stainless steel, which are easy to maintain and may be sterilized to cleanroom standards. Compartmentalized enlosures are offered, which are modular and reconfigurable. Our rooms will accommodate plants as needed (we also provide plant growth chambers), and we offer control of humidification in conformance with current ALAAC mandates, sufficient air exchanges, available HEPA filtration of intake and/or exhaust air, standard screened equipment housings, and other such considerations.
- Heating and/or conditioning system can be replaced or relocated quickly due to simple water-type connections.
- Special accessories that allow uninterrupted operation and client convenience are available.
- Temperatures over 500°C come equipped with remote fan motors for superior heating efficiency and distribution.
- Available temperature ranges from 200°C to 600°C, 370°C typical set point.
- Supplied with LED lights which emit significantly more light per unit of input energy than fluorescent bulbs. They also produce less radiant heat, and with less heat used, the cooling requirement for the controlled environment is diminished and the total energy used by an LED-equipped chamber is substantially reduced.
- ADA compliance available with no additional cost to the customer.
Personnel emergency alarm: illuminated pull to reset push-button (inside room), control panel mounted visual and audible alarm. Includes glow in the dark label and a glow in the dark antimicrobial pull cord that can trigger alarm when pulled, a life saving feature for injured personnel lying on the floor.
- 4-6” Polyurethane Insulated Panels
- Embossed White Aluminum Interior Surface Finish
- Embossed White Galvanized Steel Exterior Surface Finish
- Exceptional Temperature And Humidity Uniformity
- Temperature Control At Sensor / Set-Point: ±0.2° C
- High / Low Alarms
- Flexible Configurations
- Complies With LEED Standards
- Energy Efficient Offering Lowered Maintenance Costs
- Pre-tested, Pre-charged Refrigeration Systems
- Non-proprietary Controls
- Controls with Auto-tuning, Fuzzy Logic
- Humidity Control At Sensor: ±0.5%.
- Added Dehumidification and/or Ultrasonic Humidification
- Extended Temperature And Humidity Ranges
- Stainless Steel / Special Surfaces
- Ethernet / Remote Monitoring / Alarming
- Corrosive Resistant Equipment
- Added Redundancy in Controls and/or Conditioning
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Data Logging
- Water-Cooled Or Air-Cooled Condensers
- Custom Lighting Systems
- High Density Shelving
- Unlimited Door / View Window Sizing
- Insulated Glass View ports
- High Weight Capacity Flooring
- Calibration / Validation / Maintenance Services
- Touch Screen Control Interface
- Electronic Door Lock with Data-Logged Access
- Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.