Plant Growth Rooms
Plant Growth Rooms
Darwin Chambers Company provides Plant Growth Rooms that are engineered for maximum value, sustainability, and conformance with USDA-APHIS standards, as applicable. Our plant growth rooms are modular, reconfigurable, and are offered both as standard and as entirely customizable systems—from panel configuration to available surface finishes, to nearly unlimited lighting and humidification/water distribution options, to movable, adjustable storage and racking/shelving options—we can work to meet each researcher’s unique and specific requirements. Temperatures available down to 10° C and go up to 40° C. In addition to our standard T8 and T5 lighting options, we have teamed up with LumiGrow, the leading provider of smart horticultural lighting solutions. Both reach-ins and rooms can incorporate the LumiGrow lamps.
*For the Plant Growth room and installation special below, please contact us, If you have any specific lighting or room sizing needs.
Plant Growth Room and Installation Special: $38,896*
- Chamber temperature: 10°C to 40°C lights on.
- Chamber temperature control at sensor/set-point: ±0.2°C.
- Chamber humidity: Options Available.
- Note: Temperature and relative humidity specifications assume standard operation in a controlled ambient condition of 72°F ± 8°F and a dew-point at or below 50°F. Demonstrated performance of similar installations at 25°C (according to mapping performed using 24 type “T”; thermocouples in conjunction with a Kaye 2000 validator) has repeatedly been documented with a maximum variance of better than ±0.4°C and throughout the storage space, over a recorded 24-hour period.
- Chamber size, exterior (actual): 118” W x 118” L x 100″ H.
- Modular panels are 100% poured-in-place polyurethane construction, R-Value 31+.
- 4” urethane insulated ceiling, floor, and walls. All panels incorporate Ecomate polyurethane insulation. (This foam has zero Global Warming Potential and zero VOC’s, without sacrificing thermal efficiency.)
- Panel surface finish: Interior, embossed white aluminum. Exterior, embossed white galvanized steel.
- Door 36” with keyed entry
- Shelving green epoxy coated wire shelving as shown.
- Floor: Insulated (4″ thickness), smooth aluminum finish.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.
- Controls to be mounted in an automation control panel located per customer instruction.
- Fuji PID/Fuzzy Logic Microprocessors for temperature. Mechanical light timer.
- NIST-traceable 100 OHM Platinum RTD temperature sensor with calibration certificate.
- Dual display of actual and set point temperature.
- Solid state control relays wherever possible.
- High/Low Temperature/Humidity alarms with dry contact remote output, settable in 0.1°C and 0.1%RH increments.
- Condensing unit: One top-mounted unit, capable of cooling room to required conditions. Condenser is designed to run at all times to eliminate poor temperature control and uniformity inherent in cycling-type systems. Precision Fluid Temperature Control Unit at no extra charge.
- Evaporator/Air Handler: Low profile.
- Lighting: T8 shelf lights. 6 lamps/assembly/shelf. 12 assemblies included at this price. 24hr mechanical timer.
- All materials and freight to jobsite (within the contiguous USA), installation, startup, and documentation by Darwin Chambers Company.
- Customer responsible for: Taxes, licenses, fees, permits, third party labor, bonds, possible hoisting and/or egress to installation site; site preparation; final electrical connections to customer-supplied fused disconnects; final water and drain connections.