Altitude Test Rooms
Physiology / Altitude Testing Rooms
Darwin Chambers Company has teamed up with Colorado Altitude Training (CAT), located in Boulder, Colorado, to offer a unique chamber for altitude simulation. CAT advances altitude simulation technology by maintaining the largest research and development division in the industry. CAT has invested heavily in technology and research to maximize comfort.
A CAT system can reduce the oxygen content from 20.9% to 15.2% to simulate 9,000 feet at sea level, while keeping the pressure unchanged. Whether at real altitude, in a hypobaric chamber, or in an environmental room/CAT system, the amount of inspired oxygen and physiological effects are the same.
CAT clients include the U.S Olympic Committee, U.S. Speed Skating Team, Harvard University, Doha Sports Hospital, U.A.E., College of William and Mary, Mayo Clinic, Tour de France winners, lronman World Champions, Pro cycling Team and many more. We are pleased to be building a working relationship with CAT to bring you many possibilities for your research needs.
- CAT 12TM high performance air units are the state-of-the-art in altitude simulation technology. This device is designed to provide the maximum air flow possible, making their system the most comfortable on the market. With 121 digitally-adjusted and stabilized levels, the CAT 12TM provides the incremental altitude adjustment required for optimum performance.
- The Enclosure: Darwin Chambers installs the modified environmental room to fit your needs, specifications, and space.
- Oxygen Monitor or CAT Digital ControllerTM: The oxygen monitor is highly recommended with every tent system and is simple to use. The devise shows the oxygen content inside the system and it can determine your exact altitude inside the tent when used with the Altitude Conversion Chart. The CAT Digital ControllerTM is the ultimate in high altitude technology and can be used to control any CAT system with the touch of a button.
- Altitude Air Generator: CAT 9, CAT 12, or CAT 23 high performance air units are the state-of-the-art in altitude simulation technology. Your desired altitude is achieved quickly and maintained comfortably with a stream of fresh low-oxygen air. The CAT 12 Air Unit simulates up to 12,000 feet, while the less expensive CAT 9 Air Unit achieves 9,000 feet at sea level, the new CAT 23 is for research and aviation systems.
- Exclusive Antimicrobial Coating on door handle to reduce the spread of bacteria and pathogens.